Monday 22 April 2013

The start of a working week...

I've spent around 4 hours in the office today. Ideally I want to try and be in the office for 10am most days at the latest.

I spent the morning preparing a Tennis workshop that I will be running in secondary schools over the next two months.

I am teaching students aged 13-16 how to be Tennis Leaders. I actually did this course at West Hants back when I was a junior. My tutor was Andy Kemp who is now Head Coach of the Junior Programme at Westway.

I aim to make a slideshow presentation for this and do it as professionally as possible. I'm going to design some evaluation forms and get the teacher and students to give me feedback which can then be added to my Tennis website after I have finished the entire program.

From there I aim to approach various Tennis clubs offering this as an alternative skill to my coaching. Looking ahead I'd actually like to start delivering Level 1 & 2 Tennis Courses.

Each student will receive a workbook that they will fill out during the course. The course involves lots of practical and minimal theory so I'm looking forward to teaching others and getting them out on court.



After I'd finished my work on that I went ahead and played some more Poker!

I've decided to drop down stakes for the time being. I've realised that I can't reload the bank roll I have at the moment so cannot afford to bust it. It's much more wise to play for a smaller % of my bank roll each time to ensure that I will always have something to play with.

I am now playing the $3.50 - 18 Man [Turbos] on Pokerstars. For non poker players that means $3.50 to enter each tournament, 18 players, 4 spots paid.

To compensate for dropping down in stakes I have decided to up the amount of tables I play. Eventually I want to be mass multi tabling so I thought it would be better to increase tables but drop stakes. I'm now playing 12 tables continuously.

I played 29 games in the space of about 2 hours and finished with a profit of $63.46.

Here is my graph for the month so far:


Happy with the way I played today. I adjusted pretty well to 12 tables, the session didn't start so great but really picked up afterwards. The games are a lot softer (easier) than the $7's as there are more fish (bad players). I'm going to stick to these stakes for a bit and keep playing 12 tables. I want to make myself a more strict bank roll management system which I will do over the next week or so. This will outline at what point I can move up and down stakes according to how much money I have.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Olly I love how you've made tennis look like so much fun and it seems your students love you (I had a look at your site). Looks like you're not doing so badly with the poker either :)

    ReplyDelete