Thursday 25 April 2013

The week so far..

I've had a fairly productive week.

I've managed to recruit a good friend of mine Robin to work for me. He is already one of my poker students but needed extra coaching so we've worked out a deal that he does some work for me in exchange for extra poker coaching. It's a great incentive for both of us as I get to refine my coaching skills whilst he benefits from increased contact hours. I also have a cut of any profits that he makes so hopefully he will start scoring big pretty soon!

I've also finished preparation for the Tennis Leaders workshop I am running tomorrow.

I've designed a Slideshow presentation for the classroom part of the workshop and have a sound lesson plan to keep everything running over smoothly for the three hours.



I'm looking forward to delivering this course to Alexandra Park Secondary School tomorrow and all the other various secondary schools around the Haringey borough over the next few months. After I've done this I'm going to re-evaluate whether it is something I could look to do in the future.

Today I had a meeting with another friend of mine - Dom Ireland. We are going to be collaborating together but deciding to keep things quiet for the time being. More of this in the future, watch this space!

Poker wise I haven't really managed to put in the volume I would have liked. I've been swamped under with the preparations for the workshop as well as coaching Robin. I did however play a few games and managed to make some profit. My graph for the month so far:


It looks all over the place currently due to the small sample size but at least I'm still in profit. I'll be looking to put more volume in over the next couple of weeks.

One thing I am noticing though is that I have probably tried to take on too much in such a short space of time. This is partly why I am not getting to play much poker. I'm going to be putting longer sessions in the office to keep on top of things but my to-do list just keeps growing!

I'm using a great App called Wunderlist that is esentially a list making app. It works on any device and is synced across all of them, much like iCloud. I've found it extremely useful as if I ever think of anything I need to do at any point I can just add it to a specific list on either my iPhone, iPad or iMac. You can then set a due date so I always have tasks that currently need doing.


For anyone that loves to procrastinate (like me) it's the perfect tool to keep you on top of jobs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Oliver!! I'm glad the tennis is going well, it looks like you're really doing a great job! I think you're starting to interest me in Poker as well, I've never played before so maybe you can set me a place to start if you have some free time :) And I will definitely check that app out, it sounds like just the thing I need!
    All the best :)

    ReplyDelete